15 November, 2009

Background Check

What inspires you to live happily? from fell in the nettles.
I don't think that i have any specific 'inspirations' that keep me happy, i think its just more my mindset. I wake up every morning and say 'this is going to be a good day.' But, of course, some things go bad sometimes, and when that happens, i take out a poetry book, or turn on my 'feel better' playlist and get lost in lyrics and words until i forget why that one bad thing that happened to 'ruin' my day and why i made it so big and actually let it ruin my day. I also love looking at pictures on weheartit, or deviantart at beautiful pictures of happy people, or i look in magazines and look at all the smiling faces, and rather than thinking 'i wish i could be that skinny...' i think about how much more beautiful people are when they have a smile on their face, than when they're stick thin but pouty.

What do you usually do on a lazy Sunday afternoon???? from agnes.
Hm, well, on sunday afternoons, either 'lazy' or not, i be lazy. Sundays are my family/relaxation days, so basically all i do is go to church in the morning, then come home and cozy up and read a book. And now that its warmer outside i can sit outside and read and work on my non-existant tan! but other than that, i get organized, maybe clean up my room a little, get ready for the week ahead, that sort of stuff. I lead such an exiting life... haha.

What song makes you smile most in the world? from Inside the Cabinet of Wonder
Love Shack by the B-52s. Every time I hear that song, I just imagine my father rocking out to it and it just makes me smile thinking of him singing extremely loud in an extremely high voice :D

What song, book, or film has had the most impact on your life? from Inside the Cabinet of Wonder
That is such a hard question... but I think I would have to say the movie A Walk to Remember. Why? Because one summer after my cousin and I watched it, we decided to make a list of things we want to accomplish before we die, and it has helped me to become more outgoing and able to try new things. I, also, recently read the book The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls, and it was a true inspiration to follow my dreams. Also, I read a small article written by her in Glamour magazine, and it is so wonderful, I have it taped on my full-length mirror hanging on my door so I see it every time I look at myself, and everytime I leave my room. Remind me to share it with you sometime- Jeannette Walls is truly fantastic. In addition, the song "You're Making it All Come Alive" by My Favorite Highway has provided me with optimistic and inspirational words that I have written in my room so I can see it everyday.



Thanks for your questions :D
feel free to ask anymore if you think of one (:

No comments: