01 January, 2010

2010

I feel as if I should write about my year, about how great/good/okay/bad/sad/happy/exciting/boring it was, but I really, truly, honestly don't know what to say.
Then I thought, maybe I should write about all I want to do in 2010, all my aspirations and resolutions, but to be honest, I don't have a plan. I find it hilarious, actually. For all of the organizing I do, for all the sticky notes hanging around my room reminding me of stuff, and the multiple calendars and planners I have, I don't really have a plan for my future. I have a great plan for the present, but not so much for a month from now, or even a week from now. I don't like making new year's resolutions, because I don't complete them, anyway. I can give myself a year to be like, "Hey, I want to lose 10 pounds," or, "Maybe this year I'll keep my room cleaner" because I've accepted the fact that that's not going to happen. I'm a procrastinator. I've accepted this fact. So rather than try to remember every single little thing that happened in the year of 2009, I think of everything that's happened in my life. Meeting my friends, the best summers of my life, Christmases and ski weekends. I have a list of goals I want to accomplish before I die, but I have a lot of time (hopefully) to do that. So right now: no, I don't have any New Year's Resolutions, but yes, I have a promise with myself to make this year worth it so much that on December 31, 2010 I can think of my life and remember something from this year that changed my life.

No comments: