30 August, 2009

Sunday morning mass

I woke up this morning at 7:15, like usual, immediately wishing that my body would let me sleep in just once. I went downstairs and watched a bit of Bring It On, and ate a mini bagel my mother made yesterday. Then, i went back upstairs to my room and decided to catch up on GG&S.
Yes! I finally finished part II. I was taking notes on index cards for the questions proposed when my mom knocked on my door.
"Do you want to go to church with me?"
I really didn't feel like getting up, getting in the shower, or even getting dressed, but it was church, i really should go. I'm glad i went. I didn't really understand the readings today, or the homely, but after church was a time that i always enjoy.
My mother is a teacher so she knows mostly everyone. One day, she introduced me to "the informal mayor of [town where she teaches.]" Almost two years ago now, she introduced me to the nicest, sweetest, funniest, and most loving couple I have ever seen. (With the exception to my grandparents on my father's side who just celebrated their FIFTY-SECOND anniversary!) Rosemary is a sweet, stylish old woman that you would NEVER guess went horseback riding on the beach for her 80th birthday. And Frank, whose six months younger than her, is still all-that. He is always dressed to the nines, especially today, with his "50 year old jacket that is loose on [him] now because [he] used to be fat!" He has a great sense of humor, and the energy of a 30 year old. I always enjoy chatting with them after church because they always have the best stories to tell. They looked gorgeous today and i wish i had my camera with me, but sadly, i didn't even think to bring my camera to CHURCH! (Although even during mass, i wish i did because the flower display was colorful and amazingly beautiful!)
To give you the smallest idea of how amazing and stylish Frank and Rosemary are, i found this picture of a different couple, but the energy the couple in the photo is giving off is the same as Frank and Rosemary's lovely personalities.

No comments: